The Network Operations Engineer 2 is a network and server support engineer for CDN cluster environments. This position requires the ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Support for global production Content Delivery Network deployments.
- Experience with production and corporate network including edge, backbone, datacenter, POP, and Internet peering strategies.
- Understanding of server hardware technologies relative to content delivery performance and capacity.
- Day-to-day activities involves working on multiple vendor TOR Switch (Cisco Nexus, Arista, and Juniper), HPE Servers (G8, G9, and G10) and Linux CentOS 7 for any software and hardware issues.
- Taking care of traffic and any other queries raised by ISP/partners.
- Managing switches for any incidents such as input errors, CRC, RMA etc.
- Working directly with ISP/vendors on fixing any issues related to network.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Experience in fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Proven experience preparing root cause analysis for any network and server outages.
- Programming and scripting capabilities.
- Good communication skills- you should be able to work with service providers, colocation facilities, and ISPs around the world.
- Participate in 24/7 support with other teams in Ireland and Singapore in a “follow the sun” model. Some weekend work may be required.
Skills Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment.
- Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP. Linux System admin RHCSA, RHCE Server level certifications
- Experience: 2 – 4 years work experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Certification and equivalent work experience
Salary4000 - 6000
Experience3 - 5 Years