The theme of the scholarship is to determine whether working online will be the trend of the future.
With advanced technology, it is much easier for anyone, anywhere to access the Internet. As such, the Internet has changed the way people work today. It allows anyone to work in their own time and own comfort. Communicating with employers halfway across the globe is no longer an issue, opening pathways and opportunities unlike ever before. Through an essay, predict the feasibility of working online based on your perceptions and analysis on factors such as societal changes, technological changes, or any other insights you have.
Send us your honest opinion for the scholarship based on the above theme between 1st October 2018 and 31st March 2019, and you might be one of the THREE SGJOBS Scholars to walk away with a one-off sponsorship of tuition fees of up to USD 1000 each! So what are you waiting for? Apply for this scholarship today! Results will be announced on 22nd May 2019.
Essays for the scholarship should be between 1200 and 1500 words long. Files should be titled in this format: YourName_University_essay.pdf. The maximum size for all files is 2MB.
A one-off sponsorship of tuition fees of up to USD 1000 for each Scholar [total of three (3) Scholarship winners].
HOW TO APPLY?
All applications for the scholarship must be done online.
A complete application includes:
- A completed application form
- Your entry with the title “Redefining The Future of Work”
- Must submit using .edu email.
All completed applications must be submitted between 1st October 2018 and 31st March 2019.
- Present good co-curricular activities records
- Presently studying in a University
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting an entry for the the SGJOBS Scholarship competition, you confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions as set out below, which may be amended by us from time to time.
- All submitted entries must be original work created by you without the assistance of any other persons. Plagiarised entries will be immediately disqualified.
- You hereby grant SGJOBS a perpetual, global, royalty-free, sublicensable, assignable license to use, reproduce, communicate to the public and/or publish your entry on any media or platform globally.
- You warrant to SGJOBS that SGJOBS’ exercise of its rights granted in relation to your entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify SGJOBS against all damages, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which may arise as a result of your breach of this clause.
- Only applications and entries in English from the following countries will be accepted:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- SGJOBS will only process completed applications and entries which comply with the criteria.