A great place to start looking for a job in Mobile App development in Singapore is the internet. An updated profile with a recent photo is all you need to dive into job hunting online. There are a plethora of sites online which make it easy for employers and potential candidates to connect with each other. You can even send in your resume directly through the company’s website.
Singapore is a great place to work in, but has a very competitive job market. If you are a mobile app developer, and are looking for a lob, the following tips would help you:
- Network – Most people land jobs because of their connections. Finding out where the mobile developers hang around after work and getting to know them is a great way of networking. Don’t network with the intent of finding a job. Network with people to get to know them on a personal level as they will then know that you genuinely want to form a connection with them. People are much more likely to recommend a friend for a job than a complete stranger.
- Find out how much firms pay for app development – Singapore firms are known to be very competitive. It is a good idea to find out the salaries offered so that you know you aren’t getting low-balled.
- Use LinkedIn – If you aren’t on LinkedIn, you are doing yourself a disservice. Many people stay away from LinkedIn because they aren’t huge fans of social media. LinkedIn, by definition, is a social media platform, but it’s a different kind of social media. It works great because it is all about professional networking and not personal networking. Many businesses have LinkedIn accounts and are constantly using the service to look for potential employees; so, registering today should be on the top of your to-do list.
- If you can afford it, approach a recruitment agency – Using recruitment agencies to help you bag that mobile app development job you want is a step in the right direction. Find out the placement rate of each recruitment agency you approach and make a call. You can find out how professional they are by reading reviews online and by asking people who’ve been placed by the agency about their experience with the agency.
- Your resume matters – Spend a lot of time making your resume because that is what will separate you from the competition. Mobile app development is big in today’s world, but there is also plenty of supply to fill the demand; so, you need to stand out. If you don’t know how to prepare a resume, consider asking a successful friend or family member. You can even go online and search for tutorials on what to include and what not to include.
- You can expect to wait around for a bit after sending in your application to the company you wish to work for. You can use this waiting time as a chance to prepare for the upcoming interview.
- Good communication skills, an eager work attitude, and a well-written resume put you well ahead of your competition. Be sure to invest heavily in your communication skills because that will separate you from the rest.
- Keep yourself future-proof by keeping up to date with whatever is happening in your industry. It wouldn’t hurt to learn new skills while you’re working too because you then become more valuable to your company.
- Remember that once you bag a job, it doesn’t mean you can never be fired. Companies are constantly looking to cut costs and if you aren’t productive enough, you can and will be let go. Make yourself too valuable to be replaced by your company so that they cannot replace you in a couple of years with someone younger who is willing to work for less money.
- Being professional at work goes a long way. Your colleagues will take note of the fact that you are professional and will recommend you over people who aren’t as professional.
Remember that you will face a lot of rejection looking for a job because a lot of people are looking for the same thing that you are. What matters is not your resume but your ability to persevere; perseverance will separate you from the rest.
Brought to you by RobustTechHouse.